Teal Wings of Hope -
Join Teal Wings of Hope in spreading awareness. #CareCallConnectChallenge know the 4 main symptoms of Ovarian Cancer and tell 4 friends and challenge them to do the same. Register your participation in the challenge by Clicking Here. Download our TEAL the BEAT poster and help us spread awareness together we can save lives.
TEAL WINGS OF HOPE -
PATRON MARGARET MARJORIBANKS.
TEAL ANGELS SUPPORT GROUP
LEARN MORE ABOUT OVARIAN CANCER AND TRY THE
TEAL the BEAT QUIZ.
Click Here to Participate in our #CareCallConnect Challenge
Diagnosing ovarian cancer can be difficult as symptoms are often vague and shared by many other common illnesses. That is why awareness of the 4 main symptoms is so important.
- 1 in every 80 women in Australia will develop ovarian cancer in their lifetime
- Every year approximately 1,500 Australian women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer, most of them in a advanced stage of the disease
- On average 4 Australian women are diagnosed every day with ovarian cancer.
- On average 3 women a day in Australia die from Ovarian Cancer.
- The average age of women diagnosed with ovarian cancer is 63 years.
- Approximately 13 percent of women in the general population will develop ovarian cancer sometime during their lives. By contrast 39 percent of women who inherit the harmful BRCA1 mutation and 11 - 17 percent of women who inherit a harmful BRCA2 mutation will develop ovarian cancer by 70 years of age. Education about the importance of knowing your family medical history is vital so women are aware if they are at greater risk and can educate themselves about preventative options.
- The current five-year survival rate for Australian women with ovarian cancer is 43% whilst breast cancer stands at 90%. If ovarian cancer is diagnosed and treated early, between 80-100% of patients will survive for more than five years. Awareness of the 4 main symptoms and knowing your family medical history can be lifesaving. Presently there is no definitive reliable detection test and that is why
- “Until There is a Test Awareness is Best!”
Teal Wings of Hope - Theme Song
Teal Wings of Hope theme song was composed by CrocQ Lucero nephew of the Teal Wings of Hope - Founders - Rafael & Karen Sabarre. This song has been written in loving memory of Margaret Marjoribanks their Sister In Law who sadly lost her battle against ovarian cancer 2 years after her diagnosis. It was at that time they set their path on trying to create awareness for ovarian cancer so other ladies and families would not have to suffer the loss of their mother, daughter, sister or wife. Thanks to the dedicated support of the ladies in the MAQuest www.maquest.com.au we are now able to promote effective awareness campaigns and provide support programs to both ladies with ovarian cancer and their families. We hope that this song gives strength to all ladies and their families who are fighting the ovarian cancer battle.
MANiCure 4 a CURE