Teal Wings Of Hope COMMUNITY OBJECTIVES:
- To help educate and provide support to the general public of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer with the aim that through education early detection can be achieved and lives saved.
- Health promotion to encourage women to seek out their family medical history. If someone in their family has had ovarian and breast cancer that they can learn about their genetic history and their possibility of carrying the BRAC1 & BRAC2 gene.
- To gain national and global alliances that help provide and share educational resources.
- Carryout partnership with the #MAQuest to deliver health promotion, health disease prevention and fundraising events for ovarian cancer awareness.
- To provide support to family and patients who have been touched by ovarian cancer.
- To develop awareness campaigns that everyone can participate in. With today's society everyone is short of time and some people are confined to their homes maybe due to illness. Our goal is to develop programs that most of the general public can participate in. By only contributing a small effort from each person we will create a BIG IMPACT.
- Teal Wings of Hope are very proud of the innovative ideas that they have created. We were the first organisation in Australia to launch the concept of Men painting their nails TEAL to create awareness for ovarian cancer. This was achieved with our MANiCURE 4 a CURE Campaign which was softly launched in 2012 and officially launched at the National Final of the MAQuest in April 2013.
- 2015 is going to be a very exciting year as it sees the launch of Teal Wing's of Hope original Global Campaign which will will Start in February 2015 the national ovarian cancer awareness month through to September which is the world ovarian cancer awareness month. September will be the climax of the campaign here in Australia. We then hope to be able to share our innovative campaign with other ovarian cancer organisations worldwide. WATCH THIS SPACE FOR OUR EXCITING NEWS TO BE ANNOUNCED VERY SOON.